Wednesday, September 3, 2008

Illumifest of Lights

Paws & Effect artist Eric Shumate was selected to light it up when his entry made the top twenty of Iowa Artists that submitted ideas for a traditional paper lantern. "Far be it for me to do anything traditional" said Eric. 

Ideas submitted were drawn from the ancient / traditional Chinese lanterns.



I started the project in early August, the same weekend of the Iowa State Fair kick off. I realized that I couldn't be a part of the Corn Dog Eating world record and I was sorely disappointed to not get a Pork Chop on a Stick but I needed the time to focus and I did get the chance to be an artist again. What a great project. Paws & Effect is using the lantern to start our first fundraiser which will be held at the Nature Lodge at the Raccoon River Park on Valentines Day. One Heart. Four Paws. Look for details regarding this excellent opportunity to celebrate a new meaning for Valentines Day.

No comments: